• Central Oregon Community College named the following students to the summer 2017 dean’s list. The dean’s list recognizes students who enrolled in 12 or more graded credits and received a term grade point average of 3.60 or greater:
Of Redmond: James Bartley, Sarah Cobern, Karleen Doty, Michael Grass, Melissa McAlexander, Emily Pappas, Jackie Rasmussen, Olivia Serna, Miles Strang, Mariah Whitley and Amber Wilson;
Of Terrebonne: Andrea Cameron and Jordan Weaver.
• Oregon State University – Corvallis named the following students to the summer 2017 honor roll. The honor roll recognizes students who enrolled in 12 or more graded credits and received a term grade point average of 3.50 or greater:
Of Bend: Blaine S. Corey, Theada M. Corey, Anne M. Currin, Isaac H. Derman, Ryne R. Keyser, Nick D. Maithonis, Kaitlin Meyer, Aaron M. Baker, Sara G. Battey, Jaden T. Boehme, Joel P. Brown, Caitlin M. Connolly, Stefany M. Cunningham, Breck L. Flanagan-Caldwell, William Z. Johnson, Meghan R. King, Lauren A. Lansing, Justin K. Lindsey, Geena R. Lopez, Kajsa A. Palafox, Travis Skyles, Joeven M. Stambaugh, Katherine A. Stanton, Lucas Williams;
Of Redmond: Elayna N. Boot, Hailee N. Skala, Shelby R. Ulam, Alexander C. Wood;
Of Madras: Jonathan M. Marcotte, and Richard W. Molitor;
Of Terrebonne: Miranda N. Schmidt;
Of Prineville: Jade M. Anderson;
Of Sisters: Cole Davis.
High school notes
• Ridgeview High School students, with the help of teachers Heather Peterson and Ben Parsons, raised over $2,000 to benefit a Texas high school affected by Hurricane Harvey. The students collected the funds during third period each day for just one week and donated it to Kingwood High School, an Advancement Via Individual Determination high school near Houston.
• Redmond High School Theatre Department will present “Carnival of Chaos,” a themed haunted house fundraiser on Friday the 13th. Proceeds will finance a trip to the regional acting competition in February and a state thespian festival in April. Two 2-hour shows, at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., will be performed at the school auditorium; tickets can be purchased at the door.
• Micah Capson, of Troop 126 in Redmond, earned his Eagle Scout rank Sept. 28. He is the son of Jerry and Alicia Capson, of Redmond. He built a serenity garden for the independent living skills students at Ridgeview High School, which involved building a concrete pad and flower boxes and took 212.5 hours.
• Valerie Yost has been voted in as the new Family Access Network foundation board chair. She is the marketing director for Brooks Resources and joined FAN in 2012.
• Alisa Betz has been voted the new FAN foundation board vice chair. She is a community volunteer and has served on several nonprofit boards and joined FAN in 2016.
• Sunny Maxwell, who has served on the FAN foundation board since 2014, remains the secretary/treasurer. She owns Maxwell Design.
• Lizzi Katz joins the FAN foundation as board member. She has worked in healthcare, most recently as the community education and survivorship coordinator at St. Charles Cancer Center. She is also a writer and partner in Pizza Mondo and Kebaba restaurants.