Posted July 25, 2017 09:42 am | Updated 11 minutes ago
Other recent Jessie Ball duPont Fund grants awarded in the Jacksonville area:
• $77,400 to American Heart Association for a grassroots wellness program for 2,000 residents of Jacksonville’s Health Zone 1, in North Jacksonville.
• $64,250 to Mental Health America of Northeast Florida to continue statewide advocacy for improved mental health policy and increased funding.
• $39,500 to Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Florida for transition costs related to its merger with The Bridge of Northeast Florida.
• $24,500 to Shands Jacksonville Properties of Jacksonville for a coping and self-management class for UF Health epilepsy patients.
• $15,000 to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Florida for a development audit.
Two other grants have Northeast Florida ties:
•$88,750 to the Nemours Foundation of Jacksonville to implement the BrightStart! Literacy readiness program in three school districts in eastern Virginia.
• $86,535 to Mary Baldwin College of Staunton, Va. to integrate the Delores Barr Weaver Policy Center’s Girl-Centered Practice Institute curriculum into the college’s academic programming and work with community partners to develop girl-centered interventions for at-risk youth. The Weaver Policy Center is in Jacksonville.
Source: Jessie Ball DuPont Center
To request services, donate, volunteer or get more information, contact RealSense Prosperity Place at Wells Fargo Historic Springfield Community Center, 1601 North Main St., Second Floor, Jacksonville, FL 32206 or (904) 390-3282or go to unitedwaynefl.org/realsense.
United Way of Northeast Florida
The nonprofit’s programs focus on basic needs, youth achievement, financial stability and health in Duval, Baker, Clay, Nassau, and Northern St. Johns counties. To request services, donate, volunteer or get more informationl, contact United Way at 40 E. Adams St., Suite 200; Jacksonville, FL 32202; (904) 390-3200; email@example.com; or go to unitedwaynefl.org.
Jessie Ball duPont Fund
For more information, contact the duPont Fund at 40 East Adams St., Suite 300, Jacksonville, FL 32202-3302: (800) 252-3452 or (904) 353-0890 or go to dupontfund.org.